Message from the CEO
Becoming the CEO of Chester Community Charter School, the largest and best elementary charter school in Pennsylvania, is the greatest accomplishment of my professional career. It is truly an honor to be given a gift that allows me to shape the lives of so many worthy children in Chester.
I believe that educating our children is perhaps the most important thing an adult can ever do; therefore, I take the responsibility of leading Chester Community Charter School very seriously. My goal is to continue to carry out our mission of “Empowering Students as Learners”. For many of our children, obtaining a good and solid education is their only “ticket” to success. As an urban educator, I recognize this and embrace those challenges that are sometimes tough, but equally rewarding. One of the best feelings in the world is to see a student who at one point in his or her life was struggling and thereafter becomes an A & B student. Equally as rewarding is to see our graduates attend some of the best high schools in the area and know I had a major part in their success.
As the CEO, I promise to challenge our staff and students, demand rigor in our curriculum and continue to have high expectations from our students. Furthermore, I promise to work hard to establish meaningful relationships with parents and reach out to other organizations that can help our children.
The future for our students at Chester Community Charter School looks very promising. For me, failure is not an option. Our children’s lives are at stake, and success for our children is the only alternative!
Dr. David E. Clark Jr., CEO
Chester Community Charter School
- About Us
- Buildings & Facilities
- Before and After School Program
- Free/Reduced-Price Student Meals
- Student Wellness & Physical Education
- Positive Behavior Support Program
- High School Search & Selection
- Watershed & Airshed Education Program
- After School and On-Site Tutoring Program
- Enrichment Program for Academically Talented Students
- Empowerment for Success After School
- Empowerment for Success Summer Camp
- Student Successes
- Parents Corner
- Awards & Grants
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) Program
- Keystones to Opportunity
- Race to the Top
- Federal Entitlements – Titles I and IIA
- Federal Entitlements – Title III
- Bryn Clovis Foundation
- Barbara Berry Foundation
- Federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Former Grants